Design and build a
rocket that will transport your cargo.
1. The propulsion for your rocket
will be an inflated balloon.
2. Build your cargo
container from materials such as paper, a cereal box, or a paper or
3. Your rocket will travel along a
piece of fishing line, which is threaded through a straw on your
rocket. Remember to include the straw somewhere in your
4. It is up to you to find the best way
to attach the cargo container to the straw and the
1. Blow up your balloon and use the
clothespeg to hold it closed.
2. Tape one end of
the fishing line to a wall about chest high. Hold the other end in
your hand at approximately the same height.
Load your cargo (bottle cap, marble, or any other small, light
object) into the container.
4. Thread the
fishing line through the straw attached to your balloon
5. Unclip your clothespeg and watch your